I had grand plans for this past weekend. My goal was to re-organize my craft room to make it more functional. However, my body’s plans were much different. I got a fever Saturday morning. It got worse as I got about half way through the re-do. But I mustered up enough energy to get it half done.
It seemed like a cluttered, jumbled mess and I didn’t like the way it was laid out. It seemed like I had a lot of wasted spaces. I had so many shelves but I couldn’t reach half of them without a struggle, and there were some that were hidden underneath that I never used.
That picture was taken after I had already moved a lot of stuff out of the room. The easiest was for me to organize is to start with a blank canvas. So, I commandeered Garret’s man cave as a temporary holding space for all of my stuff.
I wanted a space where I could set up both my sewing and my card making. There’s really only one source of good light in my craft room, from the window. But I wanted two separate spaces for sewing and card making. How can I use one light source for two work areas with the furniture I already had?
I decided to move my shelf and desk combo out from the wall and line the desk up in front of the window. This would allow me to have two sides to the same desk, and easily access all of my shelves. I’m using half for cards and half for sewing.
I was able to get everything back in my room, and out of Garret’s (thanks sweetie!) but I still don’t have it all organized yet. As soon as I do I’ll let you know how I like it. Hopefully it will work well because I really don’t want to scoot that huge shelf around again.
I dusted off the sewing machine and fixed the tension. Decided it was time to pick up some old hobbies.
Made this adorable checkbook cover from Michelle Patterns. I believe the fabric is from Carla Miller, purchased years ago.
Michelle’s patterns are great. I have probably ten or so of her earlier patterns, most can still be found at her website.
They are easy to follow and have several photos of the process for each item.
My skills seemed a bit rusty at first, but I soon found my tools and my sewing brain (had to dust those off too!)
Though I did mean to put the main print on the outside, but I went with this outcome because I fused the interfacing to the wrong piece. >_< Next one will be better.
Have to practice my whip stitch and sewing straight over the bulky parts, but all in all it turned out well.
I’m going to try to sew more often. We’ll see how it goes.
I’m anticipating a big change for the site in the coming weeks. Please bare with me as I try some updating and re-organizing! In the mean time, check out my Etsy shop!
Or my Stampin’ Up! website
Thank you for your patience!
I have added some new items to my Etsy shop! Some beautiful Keyka Lou Ditty Bags! Check them out!
I have been away from my blog for quite awhile and I feel really bad I haven’t done any updating! I re-joined Stampin’ Up! as a demonstrator and have been pretty busy with that. I have a demonstrator website that you can visit to see some great projects, and sign up to receive my newsletter. You can also order right online! I’m hoping to do some video tutorials so keep an eye out for those.
I have also re-opened my Etsy shop! I have my project pyramids, some business card wallets, and some very cute Ditty Bags made from a pattern by Keyka Lou Designs. Check them out here.